Are you an experienced C++ developer looking for a real technical challenge to put your skills to the test? Do you enjoy helping you team members grow and support our architect in his work? This vacancy might just be the right one for you!
In this role you would be making your mark on the Laser Beam Control SW for the CO2 laser of the next generation cutting edge chip manufacturing equipment (lithography machines) ASML is currently developing. You will be working in an (Agile) team that provides the software which controls, diagnoses and supports the Laser Beam which is used to create EUV (Extreme UltraViolet).
Source Laser Beam Control offers a challenging environment where software and function comes together in a complex system.
As a Software Designer working within the team your mission is to design, build, diagnose and maintain the system which controls the Source Laser Beam. With the team you have a huge impact in further industrialization of the system and improving overall performance and availability. You will be working on both legacy implementations and (more and more) new development. A large part of the work is executed in C++, but we also make use of Python.
The team develops and maintains a subsystem driver that communicates with a low level safety PLC and a high level state manager to ensure safety, control and diagnostics of the Source Laser Beam. The driver provides:
- basic initialization and terminate functionality
- control functionality to align the Source Laser Beam
- control functionality to condition the Source Laser Beam
- basic diagnostics for safety PLC related errors and events to a higher level system state manager
- basic diagnostics of critical temperate and flow sensors that safeguard the optics of the Source Laser Beam
Working within the Source Laser Beam Control team you are responsible for the SW product development:
- Comes up to SW design according to the specification
- Implements and tests SW solution according to Software Process Development.
- Provides realistic estimates for his/her work
- Prioritizes his/her work after discussing with TL/PL
- Possesses personal skills needed to fulfill his/her function
- Pro-active, decisive, takes ownership
- Effective communication with a pragmatic attitude
- Team player in an Agile Scrum team
Being part of a larger development organization requires constant interaction with your stakeholders to ensure an efficient and successful deployment of your deliverables.
These stakeholders include the software development partners, but also e.g. functional/system engineers, our factory and customer support representatives.
- BSc or MSc in computer science or equivalent experience.
- SW Development (>3 years) in an embedded / industrial environment
- Experience with C/C++/Python
- Experience with object oriented design
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Eager to learn
- Analytical and passionate about technology
- Good knowledge of English
This is a conversion flex / deta-vast position: candidate will work via Expat Professionals for the first year and then transfer to the payroll of ASML.