All-round Developer Job Description
Shell’s PetroSigns platform combines subsurface modelling capabilities to help teams optimize field development and hydrocarbon recovery. In order to take the best field development decisions, we need to understand the uncertainties and represent these in the modelling process. PetroSigns supports the integrated workflows that are key for sharing knowledge between technical disciplines and jointly optimize field development plans while managing uncertainty. One of the projects in the PetroSigns development effort is incorporate data analytics techniques and workflows into the platform.
General Position Definition
We are looking for an all-round software engineer, who can help extend the integrated PetroSigns platform with data analytics workflows. The developer will be working in the PetroSigns Integration (Fusion) team. A diverse skill set is required to manage the complexities of seamlessly including new workflows into an already complex and feature-rich application platform. In addition to restructuring core application components (which make use of Machine Learning and other data-analytics techniques) extensions to the user interface have to be developed that allow user access to the external data processing tools, from within the PetroSigns platform. These external tools typically are written in Python, the overall integration framework is developed in C#/.Net, making maximal use of the SDK/API of the two main software packages.
- Effectively and enthusiastically participate in executing the work program (backlog) of the PSI team.
- Work effectively in a complex, large and diverse code base, using Software Development Kits and APIs to build robust software components.
- Work effectively in a medium/large SCRUM team; build effective relations with external stakeholders and tool/domain experts.
Skills and competencies
- 5+ year experience with DotNet Framework and OO programming.
- Expertise in development language(s); e.g.: C#/C++, Java, XML, SQL, Windows, Linux and .Net.
- Experience with and working knowledge of Python.
- Experience with GUI development frameworks (e.g., WPF, WinForms, HTML5).
- Experience with software development methodologies (e.g., Agile/SCRUM, ATDD).
- Knowledge of and affinity with data analytics techiques (ML, ANN, AI, …)
- Knowledge of industry best practices in development.
- Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets (VSTS, GIT, TeamCity,…).
- Ability to work well with internal and external technology stakeholders and resources.
- Good oral and written communications skills.